• На форуме «7Королевств» обсуждаем книги серии «Песнь Льда и Пламени», ждем «Ветра зимы», смотрим вместе сериал «Игра престолов» и «Дом драконов», делимся фанатским творчеством, организуем переводы, работу над энциклопедией и другие начинания фанатов. Строго для фанатов!

Вход Регистрация

В ожидании «Ветров зимы» [общее обсуждение]

Мы увидим "Ветра зимы"?

• Да

• Нет

Результаты будут видны только после голосования.
Статус
В этой теме отключено размещение новых сообщений.

Лаэлли

Знаменосец
Приз самый несчастный в семье начинает стремительно уплывать от Теона - у него хоть детство и отрочество более или менее были. Мокроголовому, похоже, еще хуже пришлось. Кстати, если "номер три" действительно Урригон, а не Харлон, то все логично: Эурон убил того брата, с которым у Эйрона были самые близкие (в нормальном смысле) отношения. И больно сделал, и заодно отчасти виноватым чувствовать себя заставил - это же топор Эйрона отсек Урри пальцы

SomeVoices

Лорд
Вот еще саммари главы. Точнее всего конвента.

Compiled by:

/u/BookshelfStud

/u/Fat_Walda

/u/glass_table_girl

/u/hamfast42

/u/nittanian

INTRODUCTION

He enjoys doing readings at conventions, because it’s the essence of what it’s all about - the story.

3 possible chapters: 2 from TWOW: Mercy or Aeron; One of fake history.(70k from E and L, GRRM delivered 350K of sidebar, kept them for a second book for the “Macaroonies who actually like fake history.” Called “Sons of the Dragon” about Aegon’s two sons.

When people started cheering for the Aeron chapter, he said that there were lots of Greyjoy fans, “you scary sons of bitches.”

When it was chosen in the voting, he said “The Greyjoys have it, you sick motherfuckers.” Also warned that any children had to be taken out of the room and that it would appeal to Ramsay fans.

CHAPTER SUMMARY

• “Alone in the belly of the beast. Tide ebbing and flowing as high as his genitals. Feet in water swollen as big as hams.” Mutes robbed Aeron of his clothes, he’s beaten and chained. Saltwater hurts his wounds. Toes are getting supper puffy and rats biting feet.

• “There was a dungeon before this, then a ship, the Silence.” By the saltwater, in a dungeon
    • Moved from another dungeon on the Silence

• Leering face of the moon, reminds him of Euron.
  • Chains are short and bind Aeron to the wall

• He dreams of a “scream of a rusted hinge”

• “Light of the lantern so seldom it hurt his eyes.”

• Describes food. Had worms in it. Ate it anyway and was grateful. Then retched it up.

• The man who brought food was dark, grim, MUTE (Euron took this tongue).

• Sometimes, Euron visited him, aboard the Silence, his ship.
    • Silver cups, poured wine. He wore a shirt of iron scale, a red silk cloak, a red patch over his eye, his lips were blue.
  • Euron is sailing south--for conquest, plunder, and dragons.
    • Aeron: what do you ask of me.

• Euron: I am your king. Left Eric Ironmaker in charge of Pike, gave him the hand of Asha to seal the deal. You were preaching against me, so I took you with me.
  • Euron took Aeron so Aeron wouldn’t be able to undermine Erik Ironmaker’s rule of the Iron Islands

• Aeron forced to drink Shade of the Evening
    • It wasn’t wine, it was thick, viscous, tasted changed with every sip. Forced it down his throat. The “Wine of the Warlocks.”

• Euron: “There’s more truth in it than all the gods on earth.”

• If I had the tongue of everyone who had cursed me I could make a cloak of them.

• “Your god will come for you tonight - some god, at least.”

• In his dream, creak of the rusted hinge. Urri was long deal, black stinking maggot arms. Aeron asks him, “What lies below the sea?”
  • Dream
    • “Worms await you, Aeron.” And then it was not Urri, but Euron Bloodeye - sitting upon a throne of black skulls. Dwarves attending him, bleeding star, the world will broken and remade. A horn blew and summoned dragons and krakens and sphinxes. “I am your king, I am your god.”

• Aeron thinks no godless man may sit the seastone chair.

• Damphair dreams of Urri (Urrigon Greyjoy)

• Urri says worms await the Damphair in the dreams

• Euron’s face is sloughed off, and Aeron can see Euron’s one bloody eye, black as onyx

• He says the bleeding star bespoke the end

• Euron on a throne of skulls and dwarves are running around. (Seems vaguely similar to the dwarves Dany see is in House of Undying.)

• Blows a horn and sphinxes and other creatures bow to him

• “Euron says, ‘Look and see what I am seated on.’”

• Skull throne replaced by Iron Throne with all the different gods impaled on it
      • The seven hung around him, the goat, the pale ??, the butterfly god, the red god. And the drowned god, with crabs, and sea water dripping from his hair.
  • FLASHBACK

• The Kingsmoot was the last thing he could remember.

• Euron’s blaspheming would bring the down the wrath of the drowned god. God has raised him up but god will bring him down. Men had raised him, who were foolish and swayed by gold.

• The Common folk will raise him down.

• Flashback to Aeron walked into waves after the kingsmoot
    • “He wanted no company but god.”

• Black waves, white foam, icy water breaking over his head.

• Could hear the creak of the longships, wind in the lines.

• Heard his gods calling him to battle

• Heard Drowned God say Euron cannot be king--king should be…[long pause] he doesn’t say

• Aeron thinks Victarion should have married Asha and put their strength together to win. Asha was always Aeron’s favorite “and had a heart of a king but cursed by being given a women’s body”
      • “The drowned god came to him.“Aeron, good and faithful servant tell ??. The drowned god did not raise him up. The seastone chair should belong to… not Victarion, not Asha (she was cursed by a woman’s body). She should have gone for Victarion. Asha should have been married to Victarion. They used to have a salt king and a rock king, and they could again.”
    • Then the mutes came and took him, knocked him out. Then he was imprisoned, had a favor, tasted blood. He prayed, thinks that god is testing him. Mutes brought him food, etc.

• Another flashback: Aeron sees a woman and asks to be set free-- she does free him but feeds him
    • Aeron is held in Oakenshield of the Shield Isles
  • Falia Flowers, bastard of Lord Humfrey Hewett of Oakenshield; says she is to be Euron’s salt wife, will be kin to Aeron through Euron
    • She was gifted many luxuries by Euron

• Real heartbreaking story. Rubs her belly saying “i will give him so many sons.”
      • Aeron: Woman-run-he will hurt you. He will kill you.

• Falia: Silly, he is my love. Gives her clothes and jewels, Crows eye calls them rags and rocks. That’s why men like him because he doesn’t keep treasure for himself.I am going to give him sons. He has sons, but he says mine will be before them.

• Aeron: Give a message to Victarion to rescue me.

• Falia: Victarion has sailed for Dany. She will be his rock wife. We will be like sisters.

• Aeron: Victarion was gone, half a world away or dead. Put not faith in man. Prayed for death.
  • Euron takes little of the plunder in general. Makes people loyal. Most captains take the lion’s share of the loot.
    • Made Falia’s sisters serve her naked as “revenge”
  • Euron has gone east with all of his ships to get Dany to be his rock wife

• “The two of us will be close as sisters,” Falya says.

• Aeron prays to the Drowned God to die

• Aeron dragged up the stairs to the Silence, and Euron has a dagger
    • Euron: “God has forsaken you. I taught you to pray when we were children and I would visit your bedroom. When you prayed, was it that I would choose you, or pass you buy. Pray to me to end your life.”

• Aeron: Accursed is the kinslayer

• Euron used to visit Aeron and Urri in their room as boys
  • Euron admits to killing his brothers to Aeron: Harlon who had greyscale, Robin who was their half-brother.
    • From Feast, “The Prophet” Chapter: “a sickly idiot boy named Robin, the brother best forgotten.”

• Aeron is surprised that Harlon was murdered. He couldn’t move from the greyscale, he had mouth up from the greyscale. Euron just pinched his nose and looked him in the eye as the life went out of him. “If the gods didn’t curse me for killing those brothers, they won’t curse me for killing you.” (note this happens when he was a kid.
  • Admits to killing Balon, but says it was not his hand

• When Aeron is imprisoned again, he is joined by priests of other religions
    • Priest of the greenlands.

• Priest of R’hllor-Man with burned face and arms

• Warlocks, one without legs (?!) and and he keeps shouting “Pree” as he hangs. He assumes “pree” is the name of the demon that he worshiped.
  • Aeron questions in his mind why Euron is collecting priests

• Septons make soft noises but their tongues are likely cut out
  • When Aeron sees Euron again, his lips are so blue that they are almost black
    • Wears an iron crown instead of driftwood, that is covered with shark teeth
  • Gave away shields--”a good king is open-handed”
    • Called them fools. I will be remembered for the glory of taking them. If they lose, loss belongs to those who took the gifts so eagerly.
  • Euron forces more Shade of the Evening down Aeron’s throat

• Dreams
    • Saw longships burning

• Euron on Iron throne, changed into a kraken-like figure with tentacles

• Accompanied by a long, tall terrible shadow of a woman with hands of white fire, standing next to him

• Male and female dwarves are running around naked and copulating and fighting (??)

• Euron and the woman laugh
  • Aeron is then dragged upstairs

• Dragged into a torchlit gallery with another amount of corpses hanging
    • Captors are drinking
      • Rogen Saltbeard

• Red Oarsman

• Left-hand Lucas Codd
    • The corpses belong to the people of the Arbor
  • “Words are wind but blood is power”

• Redwyne fleet is creeping to the Arbor, where Euron’s crew is located
    • Leyton Hightower is trying to get the Greyjoy fleet from the rear.
  • The men joke about Aeron apparently knowing what it is like to be taken from the rear (confirming the molestation from Euron)

• When Aeron is to be brought back up, he hears a familiar voice that says to hurry because Euron is impatient

• Sees Euron clad in black scale armor, edged in red-gold
    • The armor has runes and glyphs in the steel--the armor is Valyrian steel

• Euron is the only one who owns a suit of Valyrian steel

• Hasn’t been seen since the doom 400 years ago. Even then would have cost a kingdom.
  • Aeron says to himself that Euron has been to Valyria. No wonder he is mad

• Euron is binding the priests to the prows of the ships

• When Aeron is brought out he sees Goodbrother banner, the Wynch banner and Euron’s new banner, which is a red eye with a black pupil under an iron crown supported by two crows

• Aeron is bound to the prow of the Silence

• As they are sailing away, he sees the castle above them burning

• Out at sea, Euron said he had a gift for Euron

• 2 of Euron’s bastards brought out a woman, pregnant and crying: It is Falya Flowers
    • She has no tongue

• She is tied to the other side of the prow
  • Last line of Aeron’s: “He licked his lips and tasted salt.”

POST-READING Q&A

• At the end said he was a frustrated song writer. Mnay of his book and stories have “song” in the title. Song of ice and fire, Dreamsongs, Song for Lya, etc. Now, since the songs from the show have been put to music, he has officially become a lyricist, and is a member of ASCAP.

• Westeros is a “fantasy land rooted in medieval history. It irritated the piss out of me that the fantasy of the 70s and 80s. “Disney fantasy where they had knights and castles but 20th century mindsets.” Referenced monty python where everyone is covered in shit but no one would read it.

• He liked how shakespeare uses history but still changes stuff. He said to steal from history when writing but turn it up to 11.

• When asked which character he relates to most, I relate to all of them. I develop sympathy for them. Empathy is the challenge of every writer. When he teaches writing, he tells people to instead of “writing what you know” you should write the opposite of you. Need to walk around in their skins. Would like to be jon and robb, but really he’s like sam.

• Mentioned that he doesn’t share Aeron’s faith but find it interesting. He’s a shattered man who is only holding himself together because of his faith.

• “Brienne is my answer to DND women warriors in chainmail bikinis.”

• Someone asked to confirm if arthur dayne was dead. “I CONFIRM NOTHING. Let 1000 goofy theories reign”.

• Who are Jon Snow’s parents? One of the Kardashians, and Justin Bieber.

• When asked which religion he enjoyed writing much, he gave a long answer about relgion in general. Religion is a very strong force. Thought it was strange that Tolkien totally omitted religion. I always had a rationality to me. When i was six i figured out that santa wasn’t real but i didn’t tell anyone because I was afraid i would stop getting presents. Religion would be much different if magic didn’t exist. People asked why the brotherhood without banners converted to r’hollor. They just saw someone raised from the dead. If i saw someone raised from the dead, I would convert too. But now I’m like tyrion, and follow the god of tits and wine.

• Someone asked if Brandon Stark said anything else when he rode up to King’s Landing except for Rhaegar to come out and die. George said history didn’t record it, but it was probably something like, “That was a long ride. Is there anything to eat? Boy, take care of my horse.”

Vicca

Знаменосец
Бой с флотом Редвина? В июле Редвин был на ступенях. Я не сильна в морской навигации, но это получается, флот больше 3 месяцев добирался, если на последнем совете в КГ об этом не знают?

DreamChild

Присяжный рыцарь
Я вот тут подумал, как же здорово было бы, если Эурона сыграл Мадс Микельсен
medium_c5c0ffe4013ac3d5b9ae843561533b7e.jpeg

first

Удалившийся
Эурон чрезвычайно эпичен в этой главе. Еще безумнее и пафоснее обычного. Интересно, а видение на троне это видение будущего или кошмар настоящего. :creative: И что это за женщина?

MariaMei

Лорд
Я вот тут подумал, как же здорово было бы, если Эурона сыграл Мадс Микельсен
Если бы да кабы...:cry:
А корона, корона-то! Всё-таки есть у их королей нормальная корона! Или у Бейлона была другая?
Мокроголового немношк жалко, но есть шанс - Грейджои они живучие - что выберется еще. И отомстит:devil laugh:
То, что мертво - умереть не может:йо-хо-хо:

Alenna Redwin

Знаменосец
Ха-ха, все так плевались от перспективы главы Мокроголового и всегда выбирали другие, а оказалось, что она будет поинтереснее всяких Алейн-Арианн вместе взятых.
Эурон такой мерзкий шопесец.:koshmarrrr:
А сериальному-то Пиату Прею свезло еще.:eek:

Лаэлли

Знаменосец
поинтереснее всяких Алейн-Арианн вместе взятых.
за счет пафоса и "шок-контента", кмк. Ну и действия много. Конечно, какие-то выводы можно будет сделать, когда более подробный пересказ (или запись чтения) появится, но мне пока все спойл-главы нравятся одинаково. У Арьи - новый кусочек жизни Браавоса ака театр, у Сансы - по-новому раскрывающаяся Санса, Зябла и большие надежды, у Арианны начинает просыпаться первая извилина (ладно, ладно... вторая!), у Мокроголового просто круть

SomeVoices

Лорд
Euron on Iron throne, changed into a kraken-like figure with tentacles. Accompanied by a long, tall terrible shadow of a woman with hands of white fire, standing next to him [...] Euron and the woman laugh
Нет, все таки интересно, а что за женщина то? Достаточно безумная или глупая, чтобы хохотать с Эуроном. Еще и на ЖТ.:annoyed: В Дени мне слабо верится. Вообще не вериться. Серсея вполне с катушек съехала, но уж с Эуроном властью она не поделиться. Да и нафиг она ему нужна? Особенно после того как ее обрили. Остальные девушки Вестероса в своем уме. Проходная бастардка тоже как-то не подходит. :confused:

It wasn’t wine, it was thick, viscous, tasted changed with every sip. Forced it down his throat. The “Wine of the Warlocks.”
Описание напоминает мне то, что ел Бран в своей пещерке. Там тоже вкус менялся с каждой ложкой. Чувствуется общий ингредиент.:rolleyes:

Alenna Redwin

Знаменосец
Ох, бедные мои просторяне:cry:, бедный Эйрон:cry:, бедные Харлон и Робин:cry:, бедная Дени, уж на что я не ее фанатка, но этот полный п. едет к ней:волнуюсь:. Похоже, Эурон таки сядет на ЖТ, и именно его Дени придется оттуда выковыривать. Даже Прея жалко.
Эурон - прям всадник апокалипсиса аккурат перед иными.
Интересно, в конце Эйрон почувствовал вкус соли на губах, это кровь, Эурон вырезал язык и ему?:волнуюсь:
Жуть, короче.
И мне тоже интересно, кто же женщина-тень с огненными руками.

Шишка

Знаменосец
Серсея вполне с катушек съехала, но уж с Эуроном властью она не поделиться. Да и нафиг она ему нужна? Особенно после того как ее обрили.
Там, если я правильно поняла, руки, полные огня. дикого. Так что Серсея подходит, наверное.

SomeVoices

Лорд
Там еще интересный кусочек о том что Эурон перепишет мир заново.
Харрен 2.0 Теперь банановый
кто же женщина-тень с огненными руками.
Тень то еще большая. Большие тени были и у Джона, и у Тириона. Видимо личность интригующая.

Там, если я правильно поняла, руки, полные огня. дикого. Так что Серсея подходит, наверное.
Я поэтому на Серсею и думала. Она же знатная пиромантка. Но мотивация у меня что-то не срастается.

Arystan

Знаменосец
Похоже, Эурон таки сядет на ЖТ, и именно его Дени придется оттуда выковыривать.
Я всегда думал, что после Ланно-Баратеонов на ЖТ аккуратненько взойдет Эйгон Гриф, а тут предзнаменование для Эурона :волнуюсь:
Я поэтому на Серсею и думала. Она же знатная пиромантка. Но мотивация у меня что-то не срастается.
Я тоже думаю, что это Серсея. Как бы она может просто оказаться заложницей в КГ, как в прошлом Алисента Хайтауэр, но при этом подружиться с Эуроном. В конце концов "враг моего врага - мой друг", а Эйгона с Тиреллами она точно недолюбливает.

first

Удалившийся
Но мотивация у меня что-то не срастается.
Бейлон предлагал Серсее брак. Хотя нет, это идея Тайвина, но они вероятно переписывались и это не на ровном месте возникло. Вот только зачем Эурону свои планы менять с Дейенерис на Серсею не очень понятно.

Arystan

Знаменосец
Бейлон предлагал Серсее брак. Вот только зачем Эурону свои планы менять с Дейенерис на Серсею не очень понятно.
Если к тому времени Дени не узнает всю правду об Эуроне от Виктариона(работорговец, разоряет дружественный Простор, пытает, насилует и т.д.) и не заключит с младшим братом брак/союз.

Статус
В этой теме отключено размещение новых сообщений.
Сверху