• На форуме «7Королевств» обсуждаем книги серии «Песнь Льда и Пламени», ждем «Ветра зимы», смотрим вместе сериал «Игра престолов» и «Дом драконов», делимся фанатским творчеством, организуем переводы, работу над энциклопедией и другие начинания фанатов. Строго для фанатов!

Вход Регистрация

Актеры сериала [интервью, фото, видео и пр.]

Статус
В этой теме отключено размещение новых сообщений.

OliviaDunham

Знаменосец
Софи Тернер в Берлине на промо Темного Феникса

+еще фото
D7BhDD_X4AAUqPr.jpg
D7BVmjEXYAIKSi7.jpg

Софи Тернер с Эваном Питерсом и Майклом Фассбендером
D7BiFnRXoAEfH__.jpg
D7BiGODWwAApkte.jpg

На шоу "Late night Berlin"
D7CDkW1XsAMnI9G.jpg
D7CT9qLWwAYyRXk.jpg

Софи Тернер, Майкл Фассбендер, Джессика Честейн, Джеймс МакЭвой и Саймон Кинберг посетили фотоколл "X-Men: Dark Phoenix" 21 мая в Лондоне.
michael-fassbender-sophie-turner-jessica-chastain-james-mcavoy-and-picture-id1150714219
michael-fassbender-sophie-turner-jessica-chastain-and-james-mcavoy-picture-id1150714190
michael-fassbender-sophie-turner-jessica-chastain-james-mcavoy-and-picture-id1150714206

lisacat

Знаменосец
Я вообще умная, но бываю поразительно бестолковой.
У Софи Тернер за последнюю неделю вышло пара больших интервью серьёзным издательствам. До меня только что дошло, что, вероятно, я одна могу их читать, потому что подписка на ресурсы платная (спасибо Lenhen - её +1 пользую).
Интервью интересные.
Выкладываю оба полностью под спойлерами, у кого будут силы (OliviaDunham, Нянька, Gravemaster?) - переводите. Я в домике, у меня два ремонта.

Оба интервью стоят того, чтобы их прочесть.
It takes all of three seconds for Sophie Turner to win me over. She is standing in the lobby of the Mandarin Oriental in Manhattan. I sidle up to her awkwardly and for a moment she looks troubled, another autograph hunter, before I eventually mumble an introduction.

Then she smiles and slaps me chummily on the shoulder. “Come on then, let’s do this.” In however many hundreds of interviews, this has never happened before; it is strangely thrilling.

Heads turn when we walk into the restaurant, as I suspect they do wherever the Game of Thrones star goes. I don’t know if people actually recognise Turner or not, but she really just looks famous at this point: long black strappy jumpsuit, shining blonde locks, 5ft 9in plus plenty more with heels, and the air of someone who knows they are always being watched.

There’s a big Thrones premiere in New York the evening after our interview, so the hotel lobby is a full-blown Westeros reunion. There’s King Robert Baratheon (Mark Addy) depositing his luggage and waving to adoring fans, and Ser Jorah Mormont (Iain Glen) meandering towards the gents — all these once modest British screen stalwarts transformed into global icons.

No one, though, has been transformed more than Turner, who was a 13-year-old from Chesterton, a small village outside Leamington Spa, living a very ordinary middle-class life when she was selected to play Sansa Stark, a character whose narrative arc has become the most interesting in the entire show. Over eight series, Sansa has seen her father beheaded, been married or nearly married off three times (twice to violent psychopaths, once to a drunk dwarf), been manipulated by kings and queens, raped and abused in her own home — before finally winning it all back through war and sheer willpower. A once spoilt princess has become a masterful leader of men.

Now 23, she finds herself at a fascinating moment. Tonight, or tomorrow if you’re too lazy to stay up for the simulcast, is the finale of Thrones. It is the culmination of a quite astonishing decade-long journey from a tits-and-turrets cosplay long shot to the planet’s biggest television show, obsessed over by tens of millions. It has become one of the defining cultural artefacts of our age. But what happens next?

The show made Turner a tabloid darling. She has a celebrity husband, the pop star Joe Jonas, whom she married in a surprise Vegas ceremony earlier this month, and A-list pals such as her X-Men co-star Jennifer Lawrence, who is a “really close friend”. Turner’s a star now and Hollywood is hers for the taking.

But it’s been a bumpy ride, and growing up on Thrones, perhaps the world’s weirdest boarding school, has left her with plenty of battle scars. Like Sansa, Turner has been through the wringer, plagued by physical insecurity and mental distress. Coming of age as a young girl in the spotlight, in the age of Instagram, with her every gawky pubescent moment captured by a thousand camera phones, was an unprecedented challenge.

“Having your adolescence being displayed in public, that’s something I really wish hadn’t happened,” she says. “Being in the age of social media when that’s happening, I think I would be a much saner person if I hadn’t been documented from 13 — your most awkward, uncomfortable, unsure-of-yourself years.”

Turner’s co-star Nikolaj Coster-Waldau, who plays Jaime Lannister, a smarmy princeling turned flawed hero, observed recently that he doesn’t know how Turner and Maisie Williams, who plays her sister, Arya, stayed out of rehab. How did she manage it?

“Therapy,” she says bluntly. “I just think it’s so important everyone should have a therapist, honestly.” Her mum wasn’t convinced, suggesting she just “keep her chin up”, but at 19, as the strain of life on Thrones really started to bite, Turner started talking to a professional. She was “desperately unhappy” and a “complete mess” at the time. She even considered suicide at one point. Her biggest problem was body image.

“Suddenly, everyone’s metabolism slows down at 17, 18 and then that’s documented,” she recalls. “My skin and everything. People commenting on it. I was too aware of my body at a young age. And it just kind of took over my mind, it was all I would think about. Calorie counting, everything. Oh, I’ll just eat nuts today.” Eventually, her eating issues reached a point where she ceased menstruating. “I stopped having my period for a year — that’s when I decided to have therapy.” She’s been doing it ever since.

None of this stops her being excellent company, though, as she slouches back in the booth, puts her two (“in case one of them runs out”) blinged-up vapes on the table, orders a grapefruit juice and settles down in an ask-me-anything sort of pose.

So, how does it feel to be released from Winterfell’s icy grip? “There’s definitely a relief,” she says. “You feel quite liberated.” But it’s been difficult too. She has missed school and university, friends’ birthdays and family holidays. She gave up her other love, ballet. So who exactly is she beyond Thrones? “I’ve had a bit of an identity crisis, to be honest,” she says. “I’ve grown up for so many years as this character. If I wasn’t filming, I was promoting it, if I wasn’t promoting it then it was on TV. I was immersed in Sansa, so finally stepping out of it, I don’t actually know what I like to do or who I really am.”

“Therapy,” she says bluntly. “I just think it’s so important everyone should have a therapist, honestly.” Her mum wasn’t convinced, suggesting she just “keep her chin up”, but at 19, as the strain of life on Thrones really started to bite, Turner started talking to a professional. She was “desperately unhappy” and a “complete mess” at the time. She even considered suicide at one point. Her biggest problem was body image.

“Suddenly, everyone’s metabolism slows down at 17, 18 and then that’s documented,” she recalls. “My skin and everything. People commenting on it. I was too aware of my body at a young age. And it just kind of took over my mind, it was all I would think about. Calorie counting, everything. Oh, I’ll just eat nuts today.” Eventually, her eating issues reached a point where she ceased menstruating. “I stopped having my period for a year — that’s when I decided to have therapy.” She’s been doing it ever since.

None of this stops her being excellent company, though, as she slouches back in the booth, puts her two (“in case one of them runs out”) blinged-up vapes on the table, orders a grapefruit juice and settles down in an ask-me-anything sort of pose.

So, how does it feel to be released from Winterfell’s icy grip? “There’s definitely a relief,” she says. “You feel quite liberated.” But it’s been difficult too. She has missed school and university, friends’ birthdays and family holidays. She gave up her other love, ballet. So who exactly is she beyond Thrones? “I’ve had a bit of an identity crisis, to be honest,” she says. “I’ve grown up for so many years as this character. If I wasn’t filming, I was promoting it, if I wasn’t promoting it then it was on TV. I was immersed in Sansa, so finally stepping out of it, I don’t actually know what I like to do or who I really am.”

Falling in love has been Turner’s salvation. She met Jonas in 2016, after he sent her a direct message on Instagram. The Jonas Brothers, in case you don’t know, are a latter-day version of the Osmonds: handsome child teenyboppers turned wholesome purveyors of forgettable pop music (as teens they famously wore purity rings promising chastity). This fusion of all-American pop sensation with English-rose fantasy superstar has made Jonas and Turner — or the Jonases, as I guess they are now — the snappiest celebrity couple of the moment.

They were engaged within a year and planned to get married in France this summer, post-Thrones. That was too long to wait, though, so a few weeks back they dropped into A Little White Wedding Chapel in Las Vegas, to be married by an Elvis impersonator. It was a very “Jophie” affair, broadcast live on Instagram by the DJ Diplo, with Turner’s sister-in-law, the Bollywood galactica Priyanka Chopra, as maid of honour. Vows were exchanged with candy rings and the afterparty involved cruising the strip in a pink Hummer. Jesse Grice, the Elvis officiator, liked what he saw. “I’m a Vegas man, so I give them 75-25 odds,” he said. “That’s good!”

When she first met Jonas, Turner, then 20, was at perhaps her lowest ebb. “I was going through this phase of being very mentally unwell,” she recalls. “He was, like, ‘I can’t be with you until you love yourself, I can’t see you love me more than you love yourself.’ That was something, him doing that. I think he kind of saved my life, in a way.” But it was rocky at times — they even broke up for a day. “It was the worst day of our lives,” she recalls. “For a second we both had cold feet, then 24 hours later we were both, like, ‘Never mind.’ ”

Turner and Jonas, who now live together in New York, are the ultimate millennial cutesters. They have an Alaskan klee kai called Porky Basquiat, who has more Instagram followers than everyone you know put together (but fewer than Turner, who is approaching 12m). And they share matching Toy Story tattoos, “To infinity” on his wrist, “& beyond!” on hers.

For Turner, though, the celebrity hype machine is really beside the point. What Jonas offers her is acceptance and unconditional love, from someone who has seen it all before. “Happiness has just trumped it all,” she says. “You want to be normal, to go out without the fear of people hounding you, but if I’m happy then I’m not going to give that up to be private.”

It seems almost trite to compare Turner’s bumpy journey with that of Sansa’s, who is a victim of savage cruelty, but there are a few parallels. “She’s taught me resilience,” Turner says. “Because we both kind of started out wide-eyed. Me not realising what the industry really was, her not realising what the world of Westeros really was. Going into it blindly, figuring it out, going through some ups and some downs, for both of us.” Eventually, both become confident in who they are and what they want. “It sounds stupid, but I don’t think I would have been able to get through the hardships — I mean, boo hoo — but the hardships, mental health-wise, in my life without playing Sansa and without having that constant inspiration. If she can do it, then I can definitely do it.”

Turner remains bullish in defending Sansa’s toughest moment, when she is raped by Ramsay Bolton, her barbaric husband, on their wedding night. It caused some fans to stop watching. “I don’t think it was gratuitous,” she says. “It’s a matter of Ramsay exerting his power over Sansa and seeing that’s the greatest weapon he can hold over her. I think it just makes it more of a taboo if people refuse to watch it.” In Turner’s view, the more discussions there are on this subject, the better. “The fact there was such an uproar and a discussion, I was, like, ‘F*** yeah, let’s keep talking about it, but don’t stop watching the show.’ ”

In fact, one could argue, if you can look past the wanton nudity and controversial rape scene, Thrones has been a remarkably feminist show, turning the overwhelmingly blokey genre of fantasy on its head and giving us a bevy of thrilling female heroes, from Sansa to Daenerys the dragon queen (Emilia Clarke) and Arya the ruthless assassin.

So, how does it end tonight for Sansa? “It’s a great ending,” she says vaguely. “From my perspective, it’s very satisfying. But I think a lot of people will be upset too.”

Defining herself post-Sansa will be a challenge. “I definitely find myself getting a lot of scripts about medieval princesses and I’m, like, ‘Nooo, I don’t want to be typecast,’ ” she says. Next month also sees the release of X-Men: Dark Phoenix, in which Turner plays Jean Grey, another powerful, vulnerable, haunted heroine. She particularly looks up to her X-Men co-stars Jessica Chastain and Jennifer Lawrence.

Like Lawrence, Turner wants to do credible indie movies alongside the blockbusters. But the actor she truly desires to emulate is, er, Gary Oldman. “He’s my real hero,” she says. “He disappears into every role he does, you know very little about him and he’s f****** awesome. His is a career that I would love.”

She has more TV in the works and is starting a production company, but she’s also beginning to paint and dance again, though “not as gracefully” as at 16. “It’s a pain in the arse, I used to be so good,” she laments. A new passion is criminology, inspired in part by watching true crime docs on Netflix, and she has become “completely obsessed” with psychopaths and sociopaths. “It’s probably Game of Thrones that did it,” she laughs.

Turner really is excellent company. Yes, she’s prone to the odd foray into Hollywood gushiness, but she’s also funny, thoughtful and self-deprecating. She seems happy now, but the demons are clearly still there. She says she hasn’t actually watched Game of Thrones since the third series, because she can’t stand to see herself on screen. “I don’t like watching myself,” she says. “I really, really hate watching myself. I refuse to do it.”

She now avoids bikini scenes if she can, because of the “agony” it used to cause her. “I’ve learnt that I have to turn down jobs if I need to lose weight for them, because it’s not good for my mental health at all,” she says. “You feel so much pressure to say yes, but I’ve learnt that I have to put my mental health first, beyond anything, otherwise I’m screwed and then I might actually end up in rehab.”

Turner’s other survival tool has been Williams, her on-screen sister and off-screen pal. “Having a confidante to talk to at the end of every day, her being your best friend, it just really, really helped,” she says. “I don’t think I would be half as mentally secure as I am now without Maisie.” The pair also share a tattoo, 07.08.09, the date they were first cast in Thrones.

It’s not all doom and gloom, though. Turner revealed recently that she and Williams have a penchant for sharing a bath and getting stoned together after a long day on set, which sent the internet into a frenzy. Turner also revealed that she’s sexually fluid (though she and Williams are “too good friends” to have ever shared a snog). “I’ve never felt the need to define myself,” she says. “I just think, you’re attracted to who you’re attracted to. I’m attracted to a person’s personality rather than their aesthetic.”

She doesn’t believe in the strict binaries of “coming out”, because “everyone should just be OK with whatever people want to be or whoever people are. If it’s what makes you happy then it’s the right thing, unless you’re killing someone.” The best thing about her generation, she says, is that they’re “so open” to discussing these things. “If someone wants to transition into being a man, you do that, it’s f****** awesome,” she says. If only the old farts could get on board. “The older generations, they don’t understand it,” she adds, shaking her head. “They don’t want to know about it.”

Turner does diverge from thespy wokeness on occasion. While she thinks the advent of #MeToo is “awesome” and has compared Harvey Weinstein to a cross between Ramsay Bolton and a White Walker (a homicidal ice zombie, for the non-initiated), she does worry that some people in Hollywood have become “too scared to hug each other”. Has there been an overcorrection? “At times. It happens with everything, there’s always an upside and a downside and I think the downside of it is that men can sometimes be a little scared to go up and hug women now.”

She recalls a scene in the latest X-Men when she and Tye Sheridan, who plays her love interest, Scott Summers, were due to embrace. “We have this intimate scene, I could see him visibly so afraid that I had to be, like, ‘Hey, it’s cool, we’re friends, it’s all good.’ So you can see there’s a lot of terror. But it has to happen, that’s the price you pay. Give it time and people’s fear will lessen, but they will still be respectful, hopefully, that’s the dream.”

Turner is enjoying her new life in New York. The only downside is the “paparaaaazzi” (for some reason she pronounces it like a duchess), who are apparently worse in the Big Apple, particularly if she’s out with Jonas. Apart from that, “No one really gives a f*** about who you are walking down the street, they’re just, like, ‘Get the f*** out of my way, I’ve got to go somewhere.’ ” She’s certainly mastered cursing better than a Bronx cabbie.

Turner may swear like a New Yorker and gush like an Angeleno, but underneath it all she is still as English as strawberries and cream. She goes home whenever she can, to her family’s Edwardian house, to the pigsties and the barn, her parents, Sally and Andrew, and her two older brothers, who have “never watched” Thrones and still enjoy “picking on me and pushing me over”. Nothing changes when she’s back, except now she “pays for meals a lot”. Most of her best friends are her “real deal” mates from her Warwickshire primary school.

“It’s my favourite thing to go back to my family, it’s always where I’m happiest,” she says. Jonas has even been over for Sunday lunch and a walk to the pub. What did he make of it? “He loves it. Yorkshire pudding, fish and chips and all that … Americans lap it up, they love that shit. They’re, like, ‘Wow, you have sheep.’ ”

It is true that you don’t see a lot of sheep in America, but before we can get into this we have to cut our interview slightly short, because Turner’s very same family have flown into New York as a surprise treat. There’s time for a quick grab of the vape and a cheery hug on the way out, which is another rather charming interview first, then she’s gone. I’m left with one overarching thought: I do hope Sansa wins the Game of Thrones.

Сегодняшнее для NYT
By Jeremy Egner
May 22, 2019
Who Is Sophie Turner Without Sansa Stark? We’re About to Find Out
With “Game of Thrones” behind her, Turner has a new home, a new husband and a new movie, “Dark Phoenix,” that might make her the biggest thing to come out of Westeros.
After years of tragedy, upheaval and cataclysm, Winterfell is now secure and on the way to recovery in the capable hands of the new Queen in the North, Sansa Stark.

But on a bright spring afternoon, the actress who plays her surveyed a new kingdom. From a high-rise hotel at the southern tip of Manhattan, Sophie Turner gazed out at the glittering harbor and beyond to Ellis Island and the Statue of Liberty, timeworn landmarks that nevertheless retain their power to dazzle, especially during the early blushes of your honeymoon with the city.

Turner relocated here from London last year, realizing a lifelong dream to live in New York — sure, that life only includes 23 years so far, but a dream’s a dream — when she moved in with the pop star Joe Jonas.

At that moment in March, Jonas was still just her fiancé. “Game of Thrones” hadn’t yet debuted its divisive final season, and “Dark Phoenix,” the new “X-Men” film she leads this summer as more established stars like James McAvoy and Jennifer Lawrence take a back seat, was far enough away to barely feel real.

“I still feel in the bubble a bit,” she said.

But things move fast when you’re 23, and even faster when you’re stepping from one of the world’s biggest pop-culture franchises into another. In the coming weeks she would marry Jonas in Vegas, march in the Technicolor peacock parade at the Met Gala, do goat yoga for Vogue, cavort with a unicorn for Harper’s Bazaar and parse the infamous “Game of Thrones” coffee cup on “The Tonight Show,” all while driving Daenerys Targaryen toward incendiary madness as Sansa on the HBO series.

On June 7 comes “Dark Phoenix,” in which both she and her titular character, nee Jean Grey, leave comfortable cocoons to see if they might be capable of even more than they realize. For Turner that means moving on from “Thrones,” her home for most of the past decade, to find out if her own personal cache of superpowers includes the ability to carry a Marvel movie.

The prospect, she admits, is terrifying. When Simon Kinberg, the writer and director of “Dark Phoenix,” first laid out the extent to which the entire movie hinges on her performance, she said, “I just [expletive] my pants right there and then.”

But the thing about growing up inside an enormously magical and violent phenomenon like “Game of Thrones” is, it leaves you more or less ready for anything, showbiz-wise. Goats and unicorns are nothing compared to dragons and zombie armies. Superhero-scale productions feel like home.

The video for “Sucker” that she starred in with the band and her equally glamorous sister-in-law, Priyanka Chopra, has been watched more than 130 million times, nearly quadruple the total for an average episode of “Game of Thrones.”) But she’s still not entirely used to it.

“I hate being me in public,” she said. “I would rather be a character.”

She’s known for trolling the paparazzi, and you can glimpse something of her personality in the photos of her making odd faces with Joe Jonasor aiming her own camera at the photographers — the wry playfulness, mixed with a self-protectiveness that won’t quite let her just ignore them and move on. In person she is funny and easygoing, and frank about her past struggles with depression and feelings of insecurity.

“When I’m on set, I feel great,” she said. “I feel very happy. But then after the fact — that’s when the anxiety kicks in.”

The notion is hard to square with the statuesque actress sitting in front of you, reclining comfortably and casually swigging from a bottle of green tea, a tattoo of a Stark wolf and a line from the show (“The Pack Survives”) visible on her arm.

But it’s this combination of easy confidence and vulnerability that made Sansa’s extreme trajectory over eight seasons, from callow neophyte to commanding leader, seem believable. It’s the same quality that made Kinberg want her for Jean Grey, an emotionally delicate hero with more power than she knows how to handle.

“She is this 5-foot-9-inch extraordinary-looking human who also feels as insecure and broken as the rest of us,” he said of Turner.

The period after “Thrones” ended was “a big healing time for me,” she said, and she spent it doing as little as possible. When we talked at the end of that stretch, she was as curious as anyone to see how the next few months would go, even as she allowed that it was nerve-racking to have the film coming so closely behind “Game of Thrones,” given the scrutiny each — and by extension, she — would receive.

As of Sunday the first half of the equation has been settled and … let’s say the reviews were mixed. Less for Turner, whose Sansa was a bright spot in the final episodes, than for the loudly loathed season itself. On most Monday mornings Twitter felt like a Bellagio fountain of #GameofThrones haterade, and more than 1 million people signed a symbolic petition to have the final season remade.

“People always have an idea in their heads of how they want a show to finish, and so when it doesn’t go to their liking they start to speak up about it and rebel,” she said in a phone conversation the morning after the finale. (She hadn’t yet seen the episode herself, “because I was alone when it came out, and I truly can’t be alone to watch it.”)

Read about 9 questions “Game of Thrones” left unanswered.]

But unlike many associated with the show, Turner has dealt with fan scorn from the beginning. People hated Sansa in the early days — dimwittedly so, generally, given that she was by design besotted with the medieval fantasy tropes that the show aimed to shatter.

“A few people didn’t understand that she was a brilliant actress, merely because she was doing things they didn’t like,” the creators D.B. Weiss and David Benioff wrote in a joint email. But “we knew that as the character came into her own, and as Sophie came into her own, people would come to see them both for what they are.”

Which happened, eventually. Over the years Sansa was the avatar for the show’s best and worst impulses. The once immature girl with romantic dreams of wearing a crown ultimately got there by becoming savvy and strong, one of several nuanced, exceedingly capable women in a story whose men, by the end, were mostly dunces.

She was also run through the wringer, to the point that, after Sansa was raped on her wedding night in Season 5, Turner found herself at the center of a national outcry over the show’s use of sexual violence. Then this past season, the writers had the nerve to have Sansa seem to credit the abuse with making her strong.

“I don’t think that was the intention,” she said. “It was that she was strong in spite of all of the horrific things that she’s gone through, not because of them.”

But no matter what she was going through onscreen, she said, it was often easier than the experience of growing up in public.

Turner is, by any conceivable definition, beautiful. But she was also, not so long ago, a 16-year-old girl being bombarded with her own image at a time when her image was often the last thing she wanted to see. She leaned hard on her onscreen sister, Maisie Williams (Arya Stark), the one other girl in the world who understood what it was like to grow up inside “Game of Thrones.”

“To go home at the end of the day, if I felt really fat that day or if I felt like my face looked weird or I had huge zits, to be able to go home to the hotel room and sit there and cry with Maisie — it was the best thing for us,” Turner said. “I’m glad I wasn’t crying on my own.”

To make things worse, the social media hordes picked her apart — punishing Turner for Sansa’s perceived sins as much as anything — and she was feeling very much like the inexperienced actor she was.

“As everyone could tell in Season 1, I was a terrible actress,” she said, with a matter-of-factness that’s a little heartbreaking if you think of a teenager who, much like Sansa, was strapped into a corset in an unfamiliar country, feeling like she was doing a lousy job.

On set she was known for a breezy professionalism that belied her youth. But she struggled with bouts of anxiety and depression, which she’s learned to manage through therapy. She also took comfort in Sansa — even as the poor girl was being put through an ever more baroque series of horrors, Turner often found it a more comfortable space to occupy than her own skin.

She says now that she admires Sansa, specifically the way she learned to work the angles and thrive in a tough situation. In a way, Turner did, too. Thrust into a slightly overwhelming situation, she watched and she learned.

She learned how to be an actor by observing Peter Dinklage and Lena Headey, she said, especially their naturalism and the way they could enter a room and immediately make it their own.

But whatever her self-criticisms, her talent was apparent from the start. Dinklage, who as Tyrion Lannister shared many early scenes with her as well as some of the best moments in the final season, said Turner “has a beautiful stillness to her as an actor that’s incredibly rare.”

“From the start as a very young girl she had such discipline,” he wrote in an email. “One minute she could be dancing and singing a musical number and the instant they are camera ready she can flip the switch and dig so deep emotionally. That’s a gift.”

Turner brought Kinberg to tears with her audition for 2016’s “X-Men: Apocalypse,” in which Jean Grey was more of a supporting character.

But in “Dark Phoenix” she’s the center of the story. The film broadly retraces the contours of 2006’s “X-Men: The Last Stand,” the not-very-good conclusion of the first generation of X-Men films. Kinberg, who also wrote that one, acknowledges now that even though it was technically mostly the story of Jean Grey, then played by Famke Janssen, she spent most of her time “being saved by dudes.”

“Dark Phoenix” is different, and is largely about the phenomenally powerful Jean Grey rejecting the corner she’s been put into by Charles Xavier (McAvoy) in favor of embracing her own agency, with the help of a mentoring alien played by Jessica Chastain.

If you surmise that this plot would give “Dark Phoenix” a feminist subtext, you’d be wrong — it’s pretty much the entire text. (“We should be called the X-Women,” Lawrence’s character Mystique says at one point.) The real-world parallels are unmissable, within both the larger cultural narrative about women rejecting society’s constraints and Turner’s personal one.

Chastain was struck by Turner’s poise when she met her before shooting began. But she also sensed the uncertainty of an actor transitioning into a higher-profile phase of her career. “There was this idea of like, What am I allowed to do? What am I allowed to say? Who am I allowed to be?” Chastain said. “It’s really exciting for me to see Soph understand that everything that’s happening to her is because of her — she created this.”

For Turner, her trajectory is not unlike that of any young adult stepping out into the world. “It feels like ‘Game of Thrones’ was secondary school; now ‘X-Men’ is university,” she said.

Her “Thrones” pack scattered to the winds, Turner has created a new one with Jonas, whom she married earlier this month in a surprise ceremony in Las Vegas. (They had been engaged since 2017.) An Elvis impersonator presided; Diplo posted video to Instagram.

“I take a lot of inspiration from him,” she said of Jonas. “He went through a breakup with his band, who are also his brothers, and that’s got to be really, really difficult. For him to have a wonderful family life and wonderful relationships with his brothers, and still turn out to be a very grounded normal person, is astounding to me.”

The band is back on tour this summer, and together the couples form an extraordinarily attractive and talented group of young people doing young people things — hitting the slopes in Switzerland, pouring body shots upon gobsmacked Penn State students. But to Turner, there’s nothing extraordinary about it. “It just feels normal to us,” she said.

The paparazzi, she insists, are only there for Jonas. “I’m just like a tag-along,” she said, which is patently ridiculous. But the upshot is that even now, even in New York, she’s still bombarded with her image more than she’d like. “Social media just sucks,” she said.

Yes, it’s pretty terrible, I tell her. So how did you and Joe meet, anyway?

“Instagram,” she said, and then laughed hard and genuinely at the irony as well as, perhaps, what it suggested about the interwoven nature of young fame and multiplatform consumption.

“So it doesn’t suck that much.”

Последнее редактирование:

brook

Знаменосец
Старое / новое

Проводят экскурсию по студии "Титаник" для победителей благотворительной акции от Omaze

View: https://www.instagram.com/p/BxtuJgXD61a/

Победители подарили Эмилии значок в виде флага Канады, который Эмилия прикрепила к одежде, и мыло - макет Железного трона)

60039968-428712871258702-4316628237831623588-n.jpg

59892500-609477292882179-1963628711284831037-n.jpg

suarez

Знаменосец
04AfgujUegISiA-jiPwF1w.jpeg

Эмилия Кларк
, исполнительница роли Дейенерис в «Игре Престолов», рассказала о съемках одной из самых мощных сцен последнего эпизода сериала — выступления с речью перед своей армией на валирийском языке. Оказалось, что сцена получилась такой сильной, потому что Кларк черпала вдохновение у тех, кто захватывал умы миллионов своими речами. В частности, у Гитлера.

Кларк призналась, что за время съемок ей часто приходилось учить дотракийский и валирийский, так как она произносила множество речей. Но выступление в последней серии было самым сложным — актриса волновалась и переживала, что все испортит. Почти три месяца она учила эту речь, периодически выступая перед плитой, холодильником и закрытым окном.

«Сейчас это кажется забавным, но я смотрела много выступлений диктаторов и сильных лидеров на иностранном языке, чтобы проверить, смогу ли я понять их, если не знаю языка, на котором они говорят. И да, я понимала! Я прекрасно понимала о чем, черт побери, говорил Гитлер и все эти ораторы. Поэтому я решила, что если я поверю в каждое слово, что я произношу, то зрителю не придется читать субтитры так часто».

Подготовка Кларк с просмотром выступлений Гитлера не прошла даром. Несмотря на то, что актрисе пришлось выступать перед зеленым экраном (всю беснующуюся армию добавили позже), вся сцена была снята с первой попытки.

suarez

Знаменосец
Кейси Блойс, программный директор HBO , ответил разгневанным фанатам «Игры Престолов», требующим переснять восьмой сезон полностью. Петиция, призывающая канал снять сезон заново набрала уже почти полтора миллиона подписей. Блойс считает, что эмоции поклонников — это замечательно, но ему не важно, положительные они или отрицательные.
«Невозможно сделать так, чтобы все были довольны, но Бениофф и Уайсс и не собирались делать всех счастливыми. Я считаю, что они справились со своей работой блестяще»

Программный директор HBO также отметил, что для него самое главное, чтобы шоу вызывало эмоции. А какие они будут, это вопрос второстепенный.

«Замечательно, что шоу вызывает эмоции — позитивные или негативные. Многие зрители прониклись героями и желали им другой участи, каких-то иных сюжетных поворотов. Вероятно, кто-то просто просто расстроен, что сериал закончен»

Блойс рассказал, что он вообще предлагал Бениоффу и Уайссу продлить сериал еще на пять сезонов, но они отказались. Авторы пришли к такому финалу довольно давно и хотели все завершить на восьмом сезоне. Таким образом программный директор намекнул, что HBO не заставляла сценаристов завершить историю как можно быстрее.

Нянька

Знаменосец
Кейси Блойс, программный директор HBO , ответил разгневанным фанатам «Игры Престолов», требующим переснять восьмой сезон полностью. Петиция, призывающая канал снять сезон заново набрала уже почти полтора миллиона подписей. Блойс считает, что эмоции поклонников — это замечательно, но ему не важно, положительные они или отрицательные.
«Невозможно сделать так, чтобы все были довольны, но Бениофф и Уайсс и не собирались делать всех счастливыми. Я считаю, что они справились со своей работой блестяще»

Программный директор HBO также отметил, что для него самое главное, чтобы шоу вызывало эмоции. А какие они будут, это вопрос второстепенный.

«Замечательно, что шоу вызывает эмоции — позитивные или негативные. Многие зрители прониклись героями и желали им другой участи, каких-то иных сюжетных поворотов. Вероятно, кто-то просто просто расстроен, что сериал закончен»

Блойс рассказал, что он вообще предлагал Бениоффу и Уайссу продлить сериал еще на пять сезонов, но они отказались. Авторы пришли к такому финалу довольно давно и хотели все завершить на восьмом сезоне. Таким образом программный директор намекнул, что HBO не заставляла сценаристов завершить историю как можно быстрее.
Оригинал интервью https://deadline.com/2019/05/game-o...ion-backlash-spinoff-sequel-plans-1202620302/

Статус
В этой теме отключено размещение новых сообщений.
Сверху